- 1. He said : “I’m a student.
He said (that) he was a student.
2. She said : “I live in Bandung.”
She said (that) she lived in Bandung.
3. Ali said : “This letter is not for me.”
Ali said (that) that letter was not for him.
4. The students said : “We don’t like our new teacher.”
The students said (that) they didn’t like their new teacher.
5. Linda said : “Your brother isn’t here today.”
Linda said (that) my brother wasn’t there that day.
- Yes-No Questions
1. He asked me :”Are you a student?”
He asked me whether I was a student.
2. She asked me :”Do you live in Bandung?’
She asked me whether I lived in Bandung.
3. He asked me : “What is your name?
He asked what my name was.
4. She asked me : ” Where do you live?”
She asked me where I lived.
5. Ahmad asked me : “What time is it?”
Ahmad asked me what time it was.
6. Tono asked me : “How old is your son?”
Tono asked me how old my son was.
1. He said : “Open the door!”
He told me to open the door.
2. She said : “Don’t touch this button!”
She warned me not to touch that button.
3. Our teacher said : “Be yourself!”
Our teacher told us to be ourself.
4. Udin said : “Don’t be stupid.”
Udin told me not to be stupid.
5. Linda asked John : “Merry me please.”
Linda begged John to marry her.